Rx Order Process
A U.S. Safety Optician visits your facility on a regularly scheduled basis. They assist employees with their order, fit completed glasses and perform minor repairs. The optician places your orders directly.
Download On Site Optician Rx Ordering Process
- The U.S. Safety On-Site Optician makes regular visits to the Customer facility, according to the agreed-upon schedule.
- Optician assists the employee with frame and lens selection, based on the frame samples the optician brings in, and takes measurements for the employee’s order.
- Optician calculates the order total and advises the employee of any advance payment required, based on purchase limits designated by the Customer.
- If advance payment is required, the employee provides credit card information or a check (made out to U.S. Safety) to optician.
- Optician completes the order form provided by U.S. Safety and faxes or mails the order to U.S. Safety (fax if CC adv pay, mail if check adv pay).
- U.S. Safety receives the order and enters it into the U.S. Safety order system.
- U.S. Safety processes any advance payment from the employee and applies the amount as a credit to the order.
- U.S. Safety manufactures the prescription glasses and ships the glasses back to the U.S. Safety optician.
- U.S. Safety invoices the Customer, less any advance payment collected from the employee.
- Optician receives the completed order and notifies the employee directly that their glasses are ready for fitting.
- Employee returns to have the completed glasses fitted during the scheduled visit from the U.S. Safety On-Site Optician.
U.S. Safety will provide On-Site Opticians with a reasonable number of frame samples to support the Customer’s program at no charge to the Customer.
Hourly Dispensing Fees:
The U.S. Safety On-Site Optician will submit time sheets directly to U.S. Safety for the service hours performed at the Customer facility. On a bi-weekly basis, U.S. Safety will issue payment directly to the Optician for the service hours submitted. U.S. Safety will then invoice the Customer.